LIFE'S SHADOW
Published Sunday, September 30, 2007 by Jarisch | E-mail this post
In my speech class, we were required to do our own speech. The story behind this was that I don't wanna make a speech that deals with the usual stuff. Friendship, love etc. So I thought, about making a speech about death. Which is soo fearful. It was nostalgic. I made this 2005. Oh well, here it is, Life's Shadow...
When I was a little boy, every time I watch movies that end with the children’s father or mother facing death, I cried. But I never entertained this reality even at my wildest dreams.
Death is defined as the cessation of life as indicated by the absence of all vital signs. It is a state of complete interruption of bodily processes.
Death, like what others say, is like a thief in the night. It is vicious and cruel. You’ll never know when and where your lives will be stolen and how it will be taken. It brings anguish and desolation.
Death has many faces. Natural death is caused by aging or chronic illness. Others may be caused by accidents, murder or suicide. But whatever faces it maybe; death is still death. It is painful and agonizing.
Death is the last piece of one’s puzzle. The puzzle will not be completed if this last piece is missing. Similar to our lives, it will not be completed if there’s no death. It is said that when one dies, it means that his purpose is already accomplished and his journey ends there.
Death remains the greatest fear of mankind.
I have my fear. This fear extends in losing a loved one. Another loved one. I witnessed the last breath of my grandmother and grandfather who were both very close to me. I felt the pain inside me. I almost lost my little sister. I thank and praise God for His miraculous ways. My sister’s life was saved.
Almost two years had passed, since my father withhold his battle against death. I was wounded then. And this left a scar that will always remind me of the past. His death molded me to become a stronger individual. It inspired me to do things at its best.
We should learn how to accept death. With this phenomenon, we must use the things that we acquired as our armor on the next battle of our lives.
I must admit to all of you that I, myself, am scared to meet this thief in the night or to see it stealing another life of the one I love.
I will always be the little boy who cries while watching death scenes in the movies. But there’s a huge difference. In front of me is the reality that death is part of life.
Labels: death life life's shadow jarisch
0 Responses to “LIFE'S SHADOW”
Leave a Reply