ANXIETY OVER: THE BOARD EXAM RESULTS FINALLY RELEASED


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



For the months I waited, its like hell. Everday I wake up anxious if it would be the day of verdict. I received messages telling me that the results were already released or that its due on this day blah blah. Too bad I received it while eating and for that, I couldn't eat anymore. There was this one time, I received one of those messages at the moment I was going up the stairs. I was trembling, my whole body was. I couldn't walk anymore. I kept asking myself, Am I going to pass? Just like always, its a false alarm. The cousin of my classmate was making fun of her.

Graduating with honors isnt that good. I carry alot of pressures and expectations. I kept on thinking what if I don't make it. Its truly a nightmare. I just hold on to what my friend told me what he did everytime he's on the brink, he talked to God. That's what I did and the next thing I knew, negativities were gone.

"By the end of August", the day that was written in the newspaper that the results will be released. As the day drew near, I became more anxious. I once had a terrible dream. It was a night filled with three different scenes but has the same story. It was about my failure in the board exam. The next morning, my body was heavy and I couldnt get up. I was thinking of the dream I had. They said that dreams are the opposite of what may happen. I just prayed that the saying is real.

Until 12 noon of 26th of August, I received a message that the result will be released later that evening. Of all the messages I received, I felt this was different. I thought that it was for real. My heart was pounding. I was in Laguna then. We don't have internet connection at home. I couldn't stand the idea of waiting for someone's text message about the result. I visited San Roque church near our home to relieve the anxiety I was feeling.

Later that day at around 6pm, I was at my cousin's newly-built home for the blessing. I was eating then when Kuya PJ, my cousin, suddenly aprroached me from my seat telling me I passed the board. After hearing the words that came from his mouth, my surroundings were moving slowly. My own voice was running in my head: Did I hear it right? I passed the exam? Or is it a joke from Kuya PJ. But he wouldn't dare do it. Coz he knows its not a good joke.

I couldn't believe at first. I wanted to see it for myself. We decided to go to Ate Hannah's home coz they have an internet connection. We rode a tricycle. I sat near the driver so I can be seen by other people. While we're on our way I was praying and crying. Tears are rushing down like a river. I didnt care much of what other people's gonna say. Finally we arrived. We hurriedly went inside Ate Hannah's room and opened the latop. As I clicked on the mouse and typed in the website, I felt I was gonna throw up (FYI: this is normal for me everytime Im very nervous). Finally, I opened the site.The result was in a pdf file. As i drag the page on the D surnames, I was telling myself: This is it! And there...my name was really there. What joy I felt as I read my name. I kept on crying. I remembered the dream I had that I failed the exam. So I can attest to the saying that dreams are really the opposite of what may happen.

I went back to San Roque church and still the tears kept on falling as I whisper my prayers to God.

Labels:


0 Responses to “ANXIETY OVER: THE BOARD EXAM RESULTS FINALLY RELEASED”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3